What are the initiative aims?
To match medical students and UoL/UHL/Leicester Partnership Trust researchers to facilitate making research during medical school more accessible and encourage the future generation of medical researchers.
How do I apply for a project?
Read through the project proposals carefully and decide which project to apply for. Then complete the application form which accompanied the e-mail in which this booklet was sent. Please be honest in your replies. Please be aware that the majority of projects are flexible regarding timescales.
If the projects do not interest you, please also fill out the application form and please let us know in which specialty you would like to undertake a research project.
Please return the application forms to us as soon as possible during the time window of application submissions listed below. We will process the application forms on a first come first serve basis.
Applications will be accepted between: 6 PM Friday 7th October 2016 and 6pm Wednesday 12th October 2016
We will not accept any applications outside of the time window i.e. before 6pm on Friday 7th October or after 6pm Wednesday 12th October.
Please be aware that we cannot guarantee everyone a project.
How do you match students to projects?
Once you have submitted your application, we will process your application form. If you are the only student interested in the project, we will pass your details to the project supervisor who will be in contact with you. If there are several students interested, the project supervisor will be involved in selecting the student with whom he or she wants to meet (may involve an informal interview/CV/e-mail conversation).
What can I expect from the process?
- A wide range of subject areas offered;
- Valuable research experience;
- Audit, data management and statistics experience;
- Taster of careers to come;
- Hard work = rewards;
- Support and guidance from LUMRS – via e-mail and/or face-to-face meetings;
- An opportunity to expand your skills.
What do you expect from me?
- Honesty about availability;
- Dedication to the project; to carry through what you have signed up for
- To contact us early if any problems arise;
- To keep us informed regarding the status of your project. You will have opportunities to do this via feedback forms & mini-conferences that will be arranged by LUMRS.